How to Hire a Successful Louisville Real Estate Agent
You’re ready to purchase a new home and want to hire a Louisville real estate agent, but aren’t sure where to start. You may be receiving many recommendations from friends and family, but you’ll want to be sure to do your homework when it comes to hiring a professional to help you make such a large investment.
- Find full-time Realtor. Many professionals are only part time. However, the effort of selling a home is a full-time job, so make sure your expert is available every day of the week.
- Look for a specialist. Depending on what type of home you’re searching for, such as an urban property, a foreclosure, a green home, a short sale or a luxury home, be sure you find an expert with certification designations after their name. Or, check their sales history to make sure they’ve had experience in the market you’re considering.
- Get referrals. Talk to your family, friends and colleagues to see if any of them had knowledgeable and motivated professionals that they would use again. If you find a Louisville real estate agent on the fly, then be sure to ask for their list of referrals and call them all.
- Check into their resources. Buying a home is not just a one-man job. It can take a team of lawyers, contractors, brokers and home inspectors to ensure you’re making a good investment. So get a list of your Realtor’s resources to make sure they have good reviews and competitive costs.
- Ensure they are tech-savvy. This trait is really all about communication. You want your Realtor to be constantly connected. Whether it’s accessibility on the phone or the ability to easily respond to social media, such as Twitter, Facebook and Skype, you want your expert plugged in and ready to promote your home to as many people as possible.
Don’t just sign with the first Louisville real estate agent that sweet talks you into a contract. Research his or her expertise and accomplishments to determine if it’s the right fit. If you’re looking to find successful Realtors in your area, please call us at 502-442-2010 or email us at [email protected].